- The tutoring program was developed to meet the needs of scholars Age 3 – Grade 12, who are in need of strengthening their skills in the areas of reading and/or mathematics.
- Through our intervention service, scholars will be given the opportunity to utilize Florida Virtual School (FLVS)/ County Virtual and our support team to make up missing credit hours or get ahead for the following school year.
- Tutoring services are offered during our after school hours between 3:00PM-5:00PM.
Are you a homeschool parent wanting to outsource the subject of math, reading and/or language arts to us? Let us teach your scholar reading through fun, hands-on, game-based learning experiences! Your scholar will also get to participate in free play, choice activities to get their creativity flowing, and will have the opportunity to learn in community with their peers!
Reading FUNdamentals Program
Our Reading FUNdamentals program is designed for Scholar in the general grade levels or ability levels of Kindergarten and 1st grade who are curious, innovative, cooperative, and would thrive in a structured, play-based environment.
- The goal is to teach scholars the fundamentals of reading through fun, hands-on, meaningful, play-based instruction and activities.
- The Reading FUNdamentals Program meets Tuesday-Thursday 8:30 AM- 12:00 PM.
- This course focuses on the following reading skills:
- Focus on reading for enjoyment Focus on letter recognition
- Focus on phonemes and letter blends
- Focus on multi-syllabic words
- Focus on the significance of text in daily life
- Focus on sound, letter, syllable, word, sentence, terminal punctuation, heading, text, and image
- Focus on text comprehension
- Focus on word choice and word meaning in context
- Introduced to different languages to develop language awareness
- Play with language and rhyme
- Develops reading and writing skills through play and functional exercises
- Focus on creativity and imagination in storytelling
- Focus on participating in group discussions
- Focus on the production of own texts
- Participates in games and activities to develop fine motor skills.
Math FUNdamentals program
Our Math FUNdamentals program is designed for scholars in the general grade levels or ability levels of 1st through 5th grade who are curious, innovative, cooperative, independent, and would thrive in a structured, project-based environment.
- This program meets Monday-Wednesday 8:30 AM- 12:00 PM.
- This course focuses on the following math, and life skills:
- Geometry Measurement Fraction/Decimals Number Sense/ Base Ten
- Algebraic Thinking
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- Scientific Method
- Life Skills Projects and Public Speaking